Associate, Goldman Ismail Tomaselli Brennan & Baum LLP
Associate, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
Washington University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Order of the Coif
- Washington University Law Review, Senior Editor
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award
- Honor Scholar Award
University of Notre Dame (B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude)
- Minor in Africana Studies
- Second Circuit Affirms Orders Dismissing All 1200+ Cases in Mirena Perforation MDL
- Law360 Picks Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation MDL Ruling as One of Year’s Most Significant
- Federal Judge Dismisses All 1225 Cases in Mirena Multidistrict Litigation
- Second Circuit Affirms Mirena MDL Dismissals
- Landmark Daubert Victory for Goldman Ismail—Federal Judge Excludes Plaintiffs’ Experts
Bar & Court Admissions
State of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Allyson Miller Julien
Allyson has a range of experience representing Fortune 500 corporations in high-stakes litigation. Using creativity, communication skills, and attention to detail, Allyson has played a central role in numerous aspects of pre-trial preparation, including drafting successful dispositive and other motions, managing all aspects of discovery, and deposing fact witnesses. Her efforts have paid off. She was a key member of the team that secured a landmark Daubert victory in federal multidistrict litigation where the court excluded all of plaintiffs' causation experts. The court subsequently dismissed every single one of over 1,200 cases pending in the MDL. In separate litigation, Allyson secured a voluntary dismissal after crafting a motion to exclude plaintiff’s sole expert witness. An engaged member of the greater Chicago community, she has represented clients in various proceedings on a pro bono basis.
- Selected by Super Lawyers as an Illinois Rising Star (2018)
- Mentor, Legal Prep Charter Academy
St. Bernard Parish v. Lafarge North America, Inc.
Represented the world’s largest cement company defending against claims by a governmental entity for over $400 million in alleged property damage. Plaintiff brought these claims under maritime law, alleging that a barge that broke free from Lafarge’s cement terminal during Hurricane Katrina caused the failure of a canal floodwall alongside a heavily populated neighborhood in New Orleans. The case settled days before trial.
Ethicon, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson Pelvic Repair System Litigation
Represents Ethicon, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson in federal litigation involving pelvic mesh products.
In re Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation
Represents Bayer in federal and state litigation involving Mirena® intrauterine device.
In re West Explosion Cases
Represented fertilizer manufacturer in various wrongful death and products liability suits.