Associate, Goldman Ismail Tomaselli Brennan & Baum LLP
Associate, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
Washington University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Order of the Coif
- Washington University Law Review, Senior Editor
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award
- Honor Scholar Award
University of Notre Dame (B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude)
- Minor in Africana Studies
- Goldman Ismail Secures Important Asylum Victory
- Bayer Wins Daubert Ruling Excluding Plaintiffs’ Expert Witnesses in the Gadolinium Retention Contrast Dye Litigation
- Bayer Wins Dismissal of All Cases in the Mirena IIH MDL
- Goldman Ismail Tops 2019 Legal 500 Rankings
- Goldman Ismail Defeats Plaintiffs’ Attempt to Form MDL in Gadolinium Retention Contrast Dye Litigation
- Bayer Wins Daubert Ruling Excluding All Plaintiffs’ Expert Witnesses in the Mirena IIH MDL
- Second Circuit Affirms Orders Dismissing All 1200+ Cases in Mirena Perforation MDL
- Law360 Picks Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation MDL Ruling as One of Year’s Most Significant
- Federal Judge Dismisses All 1225 Cases in Mirena Multidistrict Litigation
- Second Circuit Affirms Mirena MDL Dismissals
- Landmark Daubert Victory for Goldman Ismail—Federal Judge Excludes Plaintiffs’ Experts
Bar & Court Admissions
State of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Allyson Miller Julien
Allyson has a range of experience representing Fortune 500 corporations in high-stakes litigation. Using creativity, communication skills, and attention to detail, Allyson has played a central role in numerous aspects of pre-trial preparation, including drafting successful dispositive and other motions, managing all aspects of discovery, and deposing fact witnesses. Her efforts have paid off. She was a key member of the team that secured a landmark Daubert victory in federal multidistrict litigation where the court excluded all of plaintiffs' causation experts. The court subsequently dismissed every single one of over 1,200 cases pending in the MDL. In a different MDL, Allyson briefed Daubert motions to exclude the plaintiffs’ experts and subsequently defended three experts during oral argument at the Daubert hearing. The MDL court ultimately excluded all seven of the plaintiffs’ general causation experts and later granted summary judgment – entering judgment in all cases pending in the MDL. As counsel for Bayer in nationwide litigation related to gadolinium-based contrast agents, Allyson led the briefing efforts before the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation – successfully opposing plaintiffs’ attempt to form an MDL. An engaged member of the greater Chicago community, she has represented clients in various proceedings on a pro bono basis.
- Sole selection by The Legal 500 as a 2019 Rising Star in Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action Defense: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
- Selected by Super Lawyers as an Illinois Rising Star (2018, 2019)
- Graduated from the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy
- Mentor, Legal Prep Charter Academy
In Re: Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation
Represents Janssen in litigation regarding personal injuries allegedly caused by Xarelto, an anticoagulant developed by Janssen and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. Currently serves on MDL case work-up team tasked with taking depositions of plaintiffs and treating physicians in cases across the country.
Gadolinium Retention Contrasts Dye Litigation
Represents Bayer in nationwide litigation regarding Bayer’s Magnevist® contrast dye. Plaintiffs claim that they developed a variety of injuries as a result of retaining gadolinium in their body following use of Bayer’s gadolinium-based contrast agent Magnevist® and other contrast agents during MRI procedures.
Hurricane Katrina Litigation
Represented large cement company defending against claims by a governmental entity for over $400 million in alleged property damage. Plaintiff brought these claims under maritime law, alleging that a barge that broke free during Hurricane Katrina caused the failure of a floodwall alongside a New Orleans neighborhood. The case settled on terms favorable to our client days before trial.
Ethicon, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson Pelvic Repair System Litigation
Represents Ethicon, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson in federal litigation involving pelvic mesh products.
In re Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation
Represents Bayer in federal and state litigation involving Mirena® intrauterine device.
In re West Explosion Cases
Represented fertilizer manufacturer in various wrongful death and products liability suits.